Wound/Vascular Clinic Lead (LPN / CMA) – $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Date Posted: May 5, 2023
Reports to: Clinic Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy (Coon Rapids) and Unity (Fridley) campuses
Job Status/Hours: Full time
We are currently offering a $2,000 sign on bonus for a new hire, full-time Wound/Vascular Clinic Lead (LPN or CMA).
This position is responsible to assist in day-to-day clinic efficiency, patient flow and care coordination for wound, charcot & vascular clinic patients.
- Provide patient care support as directed by the physician. Room patients, manage patient flow, obtain adequate medical information /data to include vital signs and stated reason for visit.
- Proper management of wound care by treating and monitoring wounds under the direction of the physician.
- Assist in provider organization and completion of in baskets and coordinate communication of medical information.
- Pre visit planning includes verifying all orders are placed, all diagnostic and/or lab tests are scheduled to maximize the patient visit.
- Demonstrate ability to work with confidential and controlled information including patient records, physician DEA numbers and prescriptions.
- Accurately transcribe provider’s verbal orders and implement plan.
- Prepare, explain and assist with procedures and treatments.
- Administer therapies including medications, calling in provider authorized prescriptions, prior authorizations or other support unique to a specialty provider.
- Complete prior authorization forms for medical and treatment therapies.
- Assist in clinic as needed with procedures and complete independent nurse visits.
- Provide patient care pre/post encounter or procedure.
- Provide patient with comprehensive discharge orders and plan per physician.
- Assist in the collection, labeling and processing specimens timely/accurately.
- Follow through to resolve service problems promptly and professionally with the involvement of the appropriate clinic personnel.
- Initiate outbound calls to patients which may include notification of test results, plans for follow up, or arrangement of appropriate appointments.
- Receive incoming calls and follow practice or protocol in gathering pertinent data regarding reason for call or patient request. Route calls to provider for review and/or recommendation.
- Document all encounters and patient interactions accurately and completely in EMR.
- When applicable forward call to provider team member during absence.
- Actively engage in Team Communication, huddles or other activities.
- Participate in team discussion on ways to improve patient care, refine existing workflows or establishing new processes for improved patient care.
- Clean and ensure the proper maintenance occurs for all exam rooms and sterilize instruments as trained.
- Ensure wound clinic staff maintains proper check offs for wound care techniques/cleaning and transporting instruments/exam room cleaning & stocking.
- Ensure that required teaching supplies are restocked and readily available.
- Ordering of clinic supplies, brochures & informational pamphlets.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- LPN or CMA with experience in a cardiology/wound clinic
- Experience with wounds strongly preferred
- Advanced medical and cardiology terminology
- Basic Life Support certification
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Uniform (scrub) allowance
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.