Vascular Ultrasound Technician – Temporary
Date Posted: June 14, 2019
Reports to: Echocardiography Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital
Status: Full-time, temporary position (September 2019 – early January 2020)
This position is responsible for independent studies of vascular structure and function. Incumbent will perform non-invasive diagnostic procedures to detect, localize, and quantify atherosclerosis, vasospasm, venous obstruction, and other peripheral vascular diseases in the upper and lower extremities: neck, abdomen, and thorax.
- Independently performs vascular ultrasound examinations on adult patients in the Cardiology Noninvasive Laboratory in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Performs physiologic testing such as ABI’s, PADnets, Segmental pressures.
- Responsible for operating ultrasound equipment.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with patients to obtain high quality exam including patient education and relieving patient anxiety.
- Uses critical thinking skills to communicate patient condition to physician and nursing staff.
- Communications with coworkers, nursing and physician staff, and other departments to ensure high quality patient care.
- Supports department in office work in the vascular lab: facilitating the daily outpatient schedule, reviewing billing charges for vascular patients, cleaning and restocking.
- ARDMS (RVT) or ARRT (VS) required.
- Cardiovascular experience is preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Word processing and computer experience is required. Epic/Excellian experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Integrity and Trust||Humor|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Standing Alone|
|Problem Solving||Time Management|
|Action Oriented||Communication (written and verbal)|
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.