Structural Heart Support Coordinator
Date Posted: May 3, 2019
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Location: Mercy Hospital
Job Status/Hours: Full time, 1.0 FTE
SUMMARY STATEMENT: This position will provide clerical and administrative support to the structural heart programs at MHVI. Incumbent will be responsible for making and scheduling patient procedures and appointments in an efficient and timely manner as well as aid in the support of clerical, patient care related duties.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Books, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments.
- Schedules inpatient and outpatient surgeries/procedures.
- Verifies necessary information and records in computerized scheduling system.
- Maintains and updates current information on physicians’ schedules, ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Answers telephones, screen phone calls, takes messages and provides information as necessary.
- Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing. Sets up nurse education if not already provided.
- Coordinates all paperwork and all procedural appointment communication that needs to be completed and sent to hospital for procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to work with confidential and controlled information including patient records.
- Work with RN Coordinators to provide patient a detailed plan of care including explanations and educational resources regarding orders, tests and procedures.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining medical records.
- Obtain patient information and necessary reports and tests related to patient visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Cardiac scheduling or LPN/CMA experience strongly desired.
- Flexibility to handle several duties simultaneously required.
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy required.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Patient Focus||Political Savvy|
|Adaptability||Communication (Written and Verbal)|
|Integrity and Trust||Interpersonal Savvy|
|Intellectual Horsepower||Problem Solving|
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.