Date Posted: January 27, 2021
Reports to: Clinic and Nurse Manager
Location: Mercy Hospital (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
SUMMARY STATEMENT: This position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments, communicating between departments, and answering and directing phone calls.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Scheduling responsibilities:
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments on the phone.
- Ensures that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Answers telephones, screens phone calls, takes messages and provides information to others as necessary.
- Assist with recalls as necessary.
- Sends patient test, directions, and clinic information.
- Assist with administrative duties such as faxing, copying, and printing.
- Maintains all patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and company policy.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting preferably in health care and in front office/scheduling capacity.
- Knowledge of Excellian (or Epic) is desired.
- Must possess strong customer service and computer skills.
- LPN/MA preferred.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Patient Focus||Political Savvy|
|Adaptability||Communication (Written and Verbal)|
|Integrity and Trust||Interpersonal Savvy|
|Intellectual Horsepower||Problem Solving|
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.