Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Reports to: Front Office/Scheduling Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Position Summary: The procedure scheduler is responsible for coordinating case times for elective, urgent or emergent cardiovascular, peripheral vascular, and electrophysiology procedures in a computerized scheduling system.
- Schedules and reschedules office, outpatient and hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling procedures, medical representative assistance and equipment.
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients’ scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Documents procedural information on individual physician calendars in EMR or e-mail system.
- Manages order work queue for department.
- Able to multi-task and look over multiple schedules and coordinate accordingly with provider, hospital, and patient’s schedule.
- Confirms the need for authorization and History and Physicals, then verifies that they are completed.
- Maintains all patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and company policy.
- This position may also be responsible for other scheduling and front office duties in addition to procedure scheduling.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year prior experience in procedure and/or surgery scheduling
- Knowledge of Excellian (or Epic) is desired.
- Must possess strong customer service and computer skills
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.