Prior Authorization/Charge Entry Specialist
Date Posted: May 30th, 2023
Reports to: Business Office Supervisor
Location: MHVI, Mercy Hospital campus (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time
Summary: We are seeking a full time, motivated and talented Prior Auth/Charge Entry Specialist to join our busy, fast paced specialty office at Metropolitan Heart & Vascular Institute. This position will be responsible for data entry of hospital charges, prior authorization for procedures and verifying accurate insurance information. Come be a part in our patient’s lives and work for an organization that puts its staff and patients first.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify and update insurance coverage to ensure patient eligibility.
- Act as a resource for billing, referral, and insurance questions from business office staff, employees, and patients.
- Provide back up support for others in the business office including the business office phone daily.
- Gather patient records and submits online requests to insurance companies for prior authorization. May need to call patient and outside facilities to gather information.
- Is a liaison between MHVI and Allina Business office, being the patients advocate for pending or denied claims.
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service to external and internal customers by communicating with knowledge and compassion.
- Work as part of a team to complete departmental responsibilities.
- Promote a positive work environment through effective teamwork.
- Prepare and enter hospital charges.
- Review patient work queues and corrects information when necessary.
- Work the Claims work queue, follow-up work queue and does miscellaneous back-end follow-up.
- Attend monthly patient services representative meetings.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of health care billing experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Deliver high quality customer service to external and internal customers
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast pace environment
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Must have strong computer skills. Epic/Excellian strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate required
- Ability to develop a positive, comforting rapport with patients
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.