Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Date Posted: April 5, 2021
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy & Unity campuses
Job Status: Full time
Metropolitan Heart and Vascular Institute (MHVI) is a major provider of cardiovascular care for the northern and northwestern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area.
The majority of surgical and invasive cardiovascular procedures are delivered at Mercy Hospital. Mercy Hospital ranked #2 in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro Area (and #4 in Minnesota by US News & World Report 2019-2020.
MHVI offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic cardiovascular services from three hospitals and six clinic sites. We deliver cutting-edge care in cardiovascular prevention, therapy and rehabilitation. We are an active center in research and partner with academic institutions in bringing the latest in therapy to our patients through clinical research trials in interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and peripheral arterial disease.
The group currently consists of 28 physicians and 20 advanced practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners).
This position will see and treat patients at Mercy and Unity Hospital locations.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Outpatient and inpatient evaluation of a wide variety of complex and general cardiology patients.
- Perform and document applicable clinical history and physical examinations.
- Order appropriate laboratory, imaging studies, and diagnostic procedures.
- Interpret data from above studies to formulate a suitable treatment plan, collaborating with supervising physicians as indicated.
- Instruct patients and family regarding implications of results and rationale for treatment plans.
- When greater depth of knowledge is required, provide assistance to nursing staff in relaying results and returning patient phone calls.
- Serve as resource to referring physicians, addressing concerns when a patient’s primary cardiologist is unavailable.
- Current NP or PA licensure.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience after completion of PA/NP training, to include independent assessment and formulation of treatment plans.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility is crucial, as position will require collaboration with multiple supervising physicians.
- Cardiovascular experience is preferred.
Demonstrated ability in the follow competencies:
|Integrity and Trust||Humor|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Standing Alone|
|Problem Solving||Time Management|
|Action Oriented/Priority Setting||Communication (written and verbal)|
|Change Resilient/Personal Learning||Intellectual Horsepower|
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.