Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant (Clinic)
Date Posted: April 5, 2022
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy (Coon Rapids) & Unity (Fridley) campuses
Job Status: Full time or Part time
Metropolitan Heart and Vascular Institute (MHVI) is a major provider of cardiovascular care for the northern and northwestern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area.
The majority of surgical and invasive cardiovascular procedures are delivered at Mercy Hospital. Mercy Hospital ranked #2 in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro Area (and #4 in Minnesota by US News & World Report 2019-2020.
MHVI offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic cardiovascular services from three hospitals and six clinic sites. We deliver cutting-edge care in cardiovascular prevention, therapy and rehabilitation. We are an active center in research and partner with academic institutions in bringing the latest in therapy to our patients through clinical research trials in interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and peripheral arterial disease.
The group currently consists of 29 physicians and 21 advanced practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners).
We are seeking a candidate to fill a clinic-only position at Mercy and Unity.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Outpatient evaluation of a wide variety of complex and general cardiology patients.
- Perform and document applicable clinical history and physical examinations.
- Order appropriate laboratory, imaging studies, and diagnostic procedures.
- Interpret data from above studies to formulate a suitable treatment plan, collaborating with supervising physicians as indicated.
- Instruct patients and family regarding implications of results and rationale for treatment plans.
- When greater depth of knowledge is required, provide assistance to nursing staff in relaying results and returning patient phone calls.
- Serve as resource to referring physicians, addressing concerns when a patient’s primary cardiologist is unavailable.
- Current NP or PA licensure
- Minimum of two years clinical experience after completion of PA/NP training, to include independent assessment and formulation of treatment plans.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility is crucial, as position will require collaboration with multiple supervising physicians.
- Cardiovascular experience is preferred.
Demonstrated ability in the follow competencies:
- Patient Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Standing Alone
- Time Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.