Nuclear Medicine Technologist – $5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Date Posted: April 25, 2023
Reports to: Nuclear Medicine Lead Technician
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy (Coon Rapids, MN) and Unity (Fridley, MN) campuses
Job Status/Hours: 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for a new hire Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
Summary of Duties:
Performs diagnostic imaging in Nuclear Medicine areas as directed by providers, providing timely and quality service to patient. Follows department policies for using radioactive materials to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure.
This position will entail rotating between Mercy and Unity Campus, covering call, and will include a broad array of cardiac PET/CT and nuclear medicine exams.
- Complete procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Safely manages and administers radioactive materials following policies of Nuclear Medicine department and Minnesota Department of Health.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with supervisor and team
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of an accredited School of Nuclear Medicine Technology required or
- 0 to 2 years in Nuclear Medicine technology required or
- 0 to 2 years new graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program required
- BLS Tier 1 – Basic Life Support – Multisource required upon hire
- Registered Technologist – Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) NMTCB upon hire required or
- Registered Technologist – Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) Registry eligible upon hire required and
- Registered Technologist – Nuclear Medicine
Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) Must become registered within 1 Year required
- Ability to travel between sites (Mercy, Unity, Buffalo, etc.) and departments when necessary.
- Flexible work hours based upon the needs of the department.
- Participation in weekend, weeknight, and holiday call rotation as determined by lead.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
- High potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood products, bodily fluids, and/or hazardous materials common to a radiology setting.
- High potential exposure to ionizing radiation common to a radiology setting.
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Uniform (scrub) allowance
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.