Cardiology Clinic LPN or CMA (Buffalo, Coon Rapids & outreach locations) – $1,500 Sign On Bonus!
Date Posted: July 31, 2019
Reports to: Assistant Nurse Manager
Location: Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, Buffalo Heart Center and outreach clinic locations
Job Status/Hours: Full time
We are currently offering a $1,500 sign on bonus for a new hire, full-time LPN or CMA that has the ability to work at our Buffalo, Coon Rapids and outreach clinic locations in St. Michael, Annandale, Cokato, Elk River and Maple Grove as needed.
This position is responsible for assisting licensed practitioners by maintaining daily clinic visits, assisting and supporting primary RN, work with clinic staff to maintain clinic flow, and provide prompt responses to patient needs.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist in providing comprehensive cardiac care in clinic environment.
- Assist with daily clinic visits, rooming patients, recording weight, height, current medications, allergies, vital signs, and stated reason for visit. Assess, evaluate, and document patient visit.
- Assist in recording patient medical history when necessary.
- Prepare and maintain exam and treatment areas.
- Prepare, explain, and assist with explaining procedures and treatments to patients.
- Perform ECG tracings, understanding and instructing of standard clinic response to each rhythm.
- Provide patient instruction, placement, and removal of Holter and Event recorders. Assess and evaluate patient understanding of purpose and furnish equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to work with confidential and controlled information including patient records, physician DEA numbers and prescriptions.
- Provide detailed education and explanation of purpose, function, instructions and potential side effects of medications. Utilize handout tools.
- Review physician discharge orders with patients.
- Team with RN to schedule ordered tests and procedures.
- Work with RN for providing a detailed plan of care including explanations and educational resources regarding orders, medications, and tests/procedures.
- Team with RN to provide patients with test results, assess and evaluate patients understanding, and refer to physician if necessary.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Current Minnesota LPN License OR Graduate of an accredited medical assistance program.
- Cardiology experience is desired, but not required.
- Flexibility to handle several duties simultaneously required.
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate required.
- Ability to work varied hours, including participating in the weekend rotation every eighth weekend.
- Must be able to travel between locations including Buffalo Heart Center, Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, and outreach clinic locations in St. Michael, Annandale, Cokato, Maple Grove and Elk River.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Integrity and Trust||Humor|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Standing Alone|
|Problem Solving||Time Management|
|Action Oriented||Communication (written and verbal)|
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.