WHAT IS THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE WITH THE WATCHMAN DEVICE?
- Worldwide, >60,000 patients have been implanted with the Watchman device.
- Large registries document a 1.7% complication rate for the procedure.
- At MHVI we have being implanting LAAC (Watchman) devices since 2016.
- As of February 2019, MHVI proceduralists have successfully implanted 184 devices.
- At 45 days after implant 98% of MHVI patients with Watchman devices have stopped taking warfarin or other blood thinners.
WHO IS THE WATCHMAN TEAM?
The Watchman team consists of proceduralists (from electrophysiology and interventional cardiology), cardiovascular imaging specialists, advanced practice providers, a nurse coordinator, nurses, technicians, and appointment schedulers.
Jeff Chambers, MD Interventional Cardiologist
Joseph Lin, MD, MPH Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Dali Feng, MD Cardiovascular Imaging Specialist
Sajad Mir, MD Cardiovascular Imaging Specialist
Chad Olinger, DO Cardiovascular Imaging Specialist
For questions regarding LAAC or the Watchman procedure, please contact:
Robin Braun, RN
Watchman/Structural Heart Coordinator