Human Resources Manager
Date Posted: March 17, 2023
Reports to: Vice President of Cardiology / Executive Director
Location: MHVI, Mercy Hospital campus (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time
Summary: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of human resources functions including, but not limited to, the following: employment, recruitment, employee relations, EEO, compensation/benefits, and organizational development. Develop and drive creative HR initiatives and activities. Advise company management in human resources policy and program matters.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare job descriptions, advertise vacant positions, and manage the employment process, including adjusting the process to meet the needs of the job force landscape.
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keep the strategy up to date and competitive.
- Performance review process owner.
- Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to the team.
- Provide coaching and leadership to managers to resolve problems and strengthen management skills.
- Investigate employee relations and performance issues and bring them to resolution.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures, prepare and maintain employee handbook.
- Consult with leaders on organizational structure and implement change initiatives.
- Implement systematic staff development procedures.
- Enhance and nurture a culture of employee engagement.
- Manage training and development process, with focused effort on Lead and Supervisor development.
- Design and implement employee retention strategies.
- Supervise and provide guidance to HR and payroll team.
- Ensure meticulous implementation and provide back-up support to payroll and benefits administration.
- Ensure accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information.
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree HR field and/or commensurate experience
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in HR leadership and proven track record building exceptional HR partnerships
- Experience in a health care environment a plus
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Dealing with Ambiguity||Intellectual Horsepower|
|Conflict Management||Political Savvy|
|Customer Focus||Sizing Up People|
|Decision Quality||Managing Vision and Purpose|
|Integrity and Trust||Written Communication|
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.