Heart Failure Nurse, RN – $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Date Posted: May 24, 2022
Location: MHVI – Mercy Hospital Campus
Job Status/Hours: Full time
We are currently offering a $2,000 sign on bonus for a new hire, full-time Heart Failure Nurse, RN
This is an RN position that will be responsible for the day-to-day clinical efficiency and effectiveness of the CHF Program. The CHF Nurse Clinician will serve as a resource for patients, physicians and staff, performing in the role of educator, and quality improvement champion for individuals undergoing treatment. Duties include but are not limited to patient assessment, implementation, and evaluation related to discharge education and assistance in treatment planning for self-management as well as follow-up care to reinforce adherence with the treatment plan.
- Work with inpatient heart failure team to identify patients and coordinate hospital care.
- Patient education as needed.
- Development of care plan following discharge from the hospital.
- Coordination of patient care across the continuum of care including inpatient, outpatient, LTC, hospice, palliative care, and home care.
- Communicate regularly with physicians and advance practice providers regarding ongoing patient needs.
- Managing triage calls and in-basket.
- Ongoing work with CV quality department to insure department is meeting regulatory and quality guidelines and goals.
- Available to see patients in clinic setting when needed. Acute assessment and triage skills necessary to insure best practice care.
- Accurate and thorough documentation of care delivered.
- Maintain patient database accurately, and able to interpret and analyze data to spot trends in care.
- Working in a fast changing environment to meet the needs of this complex patient population.
- Providing education to staff and affiliated providers about program.
- Accurately document providers’ verbal orders and implement plan.
- Assist staff with daily clinic visits, rooming patients, recording weight, height, current medications, allergies, vital signs, and stated reason for visit as needed. Assess, evaluate, and document patient visit.
- Prepare, explain, and assist with instructing procedures, and treatments.
- Demonstrate ability to work with confidential and controlled information including patient records, physician DEA numbers and prescriptions.
- Provide detailed education and explanation of purpose and function, instructions and potential side effects of medications. Utilize handout tools.
- Authorize prescription refills as directed by supervising physician.
- Review discharge orders with patient.
- Coordinate with CMA/LPN to schedule ordered tests and procedures.
- RN is responsible for providing a detailed plan of care including explanations and educational resources regarding orders, medications, and tests/procedures.
- Provide patients with test results, assess and evaluate patients understanding and refer to physician if necessary.
- Obtain patient information and necessary reports and tests related to patient visit per release.
- Write orders, return to work notes (per physician verbal orders).
- Telephone triage.
- Assist physician in organization and completion of in baskets.
- Assist in the clinic to maintain efficiency and flow.
- Screen test results for abnormalities and need for immediate intervention (access to physician’s attention).
- Promote the team approach – lead by example.
- Negotiate and delegate work loads as appropriate.
- Competent in performing all LPN/CMA job duties.
- Assist in the clinic as requested especially with comprehensive discharge orders.
- Assist LPN/CMA with high volumes of daily tasks, in baskets, and refills.
- Ensure coverage of floor during lunch hour.
- Respond to patient questions and health needs per Triage or return phone calls. Gather information and symptomatology to establish an adequate assessment. Forward information to provider.
- Travel between sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Excellian
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Flexibility and strong work ethic necessary
- Excellent assessment and documentation skills
- Enthusiastic about working with disease management
- Proficient and accurate in documentation.
- 3-5 years of RN experience with a minimum of 2 years cardiac experience
- Experience with Heart failure preferred
- Licensed RN, BSN preferred
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Core Competencies||Front Line Competencies|
|Integrity and Trust||Humor|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Standing Alone|
|Problem Solving||Time Management|
|Action Oriented||Communication (written and verbal)|
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Uniform (scrub) allowance
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.