Front Office/Scheduler (Mercy location)
Date Posted: Nov. 9, 2021
Reports to: Scheduling Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy campus (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time, Monday-Friday, 8:45am – 5:15pm
Position Summary: This position is responsible for learning and covering all areas in the Front Office/Scheduling department. Main duties include greeting and checking in patients, communicating between departments, scheduling patient appointments, and answering and directing phone calls. The hours of the position are 8:45am – 5:15pm, Monday through Friday.
- Greets patients in polite and prompt, and helpful manner. Provides any necessary information and/or assists patients with insurance information. Informs the appropriate person(s) of the patient’s arrival.
- Completes necessary paperwork to check patient in. Uses computer system to generate necessary billing information. Verify demographic information and update.
- Updates patient information, collects and posts copays, provides necessary forms for completing, and obtains signatures as needed.
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting area.
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner and handles patients’ needs.
- Contacts patients to remind them of future appointments.
- May perform administrative duties such as faxing, printing daily or weekly schedules, and depositing copays.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments on the phone and in-person.
- Ensures that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Answers telephones, screens phone calls, takes messages and provides information to others as necessary.
- Assist with recalls as necessary.
- Sends patient test, directions, and clinic information as necessary.
- Assist with administrative duties such as faxing, copying, and printing.
- Responsible for covering a variety of different clinic sites and locations.
- Maintains all patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and company policy.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting preferably in health care and in front office/scheduling capacity.
- Knowledge of Excellian (or Epic) is desired.
- Must possess strong customer service and computer skills.
- LPN/MA preferred.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
- Patient Focus
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Political Savvy
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.