Front Office/Scheduler – Float, $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
Date Posted: March 21, 2023
Reports to: Scheduling Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy (Coon Rapids) and Unity (Fridley) campuses; outreach clinic locations
Job Status/Hours: Monday – Friday, various shifts between 6:30am-5:30pm
We are currently offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for a new hire, full-time Front Office/Scheduler – Float.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for learning and covering all areas in the Front Office/Scheduling department. Main duties include greeting and checking in patients, communicating between departments, scheduling patient appointments and procedures, and answering and directing phone calls. The schedule will be Monday – Friday with varied day shift times between 6:30am and 5:30pm. Must be flexible and adaptable as schedule can change on short notice.
- Cross trained in 8 different reception/scheduling positions. This includes complex procedure scheduling, clinic reception, imaging reception, and central scheduling/switchboard.
- Scheduling of activities, including patient appointments, procedures, and ancillary services using extensive knowledge of appointment types, locations, and providers.
- Take incoming phone calls from patients and their families to assist them with their needs, including scheduling, transferring, or messaging providers team.
- Make outgoing phone calls to patients to schedule their appointments, testing, and procedures.
- Manages a team of providers to ensure any appointments or testing ordered by team is scheduled and completed.
- Greets patients in polite and prompt, and helpful manner. Provides any necessary information and/or assists patients with insurance information. Informs the appropriate person(s) of the patient’s arrival.
- Updates patient information, collects and posts copays, provides necessary forms for completing, and obtains signatures as needed.
- Contacts patients to remind them of future appointments and provides any instructions for the appointment.
- May perform administrative duties such as faxing, printing daily or weekly schedules, and depositing copays.
- Maintains all patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and company policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work based upon patient/department needs.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care and in front office/scheduling capacity.
- Knowledge of Excellian (or Epic) is desired.
- Must possess strong customer service and computer skills.
- Quick learning style with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment and adjust pace accordingly.
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.