CV Surgery Scheduler
Date Posted: Feb. 12, 2021
Reports to: Front Office/Scheduling Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital
Job Status/Hours: Full time, 1.0 FTE
SUMMARY STATEMENT: This position is responsible for supporting the cardiovascular surgeons at Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, MN. This employee will coordinate the scheduling of surgery patients and provide administrative support to the cardiovascular surgery team.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Customer Service Excellence: Be respectful, helpful and responsive to all customer inquiries.
2. Answer and initiate timely telephone calls from and to: Metropolitan Heart & Vascular Institute providers and staff, referring providers and staff, hospital staff, patients, voicemail and general inquires.
3. Scheduling: make patient appointments, coordinate cardiothoracic surgery scheduling for multi physician surgeon group, provide limited instructions to patients.
4. Provider schedule management: Ensure full schedule, keep providers updated to daily schedule changes, maintain the work in the provider workbench, work the incoming referral work queues.
5. Administrative Duties: manage provider mail (if applicable), meeting attendance and participation.
6. Email Management: Require timely response to email, use of Outlook tools, notify nurse clinicians of date/time of procedures, notify industry rep of date/time of procedure.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
• High School graduate or GED minimum
• One to two years of experience, preferably in surgery scheduling care setting
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Professional image
• A team player
• Respects and maintains confidentiality
• Attention to details and deadlines
• Phone triage skills
• Able to manage multiple incoming calls and messages
Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
Communication (Written and Verbal)
Integrity and Trust
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.