CV Lab Radiology Technician
Date Posted: March 21, 2022
Location: Mercy Hospital CV Lab – Coon Rapids, MN
Hours per week: 0.6 FTE (24 hours per week) or 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
Shift: Monday – Friday, days
Call: rotating paid call 1-2 times per week, every 4th weekend paid call
This position will work as an Allina Health employee in the Mercy cardiac cath lab and provides technical support during invasive cardiovascular procedures. Provides patient care under the supervision of the RN and interventional cardiologist. Performs and assists with procedures in diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular, peripheral endovascular and structural heart procedures, both monitoring and scrubbing, under the direction of the cardiologist. Provides timely and quality services to patients, following cardiovascular department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure.
- Assist physicians in radiological imaging of cardiac and vascular procedures for diagnostic interpretation and/or therapeutic interventions.
- Act as scrub assistant, maintaining sterile conditions during clinical procedures.
- Operate imaging equipment and work in the control room monitoring and documenting procedure images and events.
- Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identify potential areas for improvement including processes that could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction.
- Identify potential safety hazards that may create problems for patients and/or staff, and take appropriate actions.
- ARRT Certification
- CV Lab experience preferred, but not required
If you are interested in this position, please email resume to: email@example.com