CV Lab Cardiovascular Technician
Location: Mercy Hospital CV Lab – Coon Rapids, MN
Hours per week: 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week)
Call: every 3rd weekend rotation
This position will work as an Allina Health employee in the Mercy Hospital cardiac cath lab. Assists physician during diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular, electrophysiology or peripheral vascular procedures, including circulating, scrubbing, monitoring and hemodynamic monitoring/recording. Follows department policies to maintain a safe, efficient environment while caring for the patient.
- Effectively operates laboratory equipment
- Prepares and operates equipment within department, manufacturer and federal guidelines.
- Performs quality control and basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Promptly reports all equipment problems to appropriate source.
- Performs scrub role activities
- Ensures a safe and sterile environment for the patient.
- Practices aseptic technique, maintains sterile field and reports/corrects any breaks in sterile technique.
- Prepares the equipment and competently assists the physician during the procedure.
- Understands the anatomy and physiology of the conduction system, and associated intra cardiac electrocardiographic signals.
- Assists physicians in monitoring/circulator role
- Detects and responds to changing patient conditions, observing EKG, blood pressure, and other electrograms.
- Performs complete diagnostic and provocative pacing protocols under the direction of the physician.
- Differentiates basic and complex arrhythmias and assists in mapping.
- Records, compiles and enters patient data accurately into electronic medical record and image retrieval system.
- Ensures safe environment for patients and staff
- Protects self and others from injury by using equipment per manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Uses transfer lifts, transport equipment and body mechanics to protect from injury.
- Practices good habits of radiation safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited Cardiovascular Technology program required or
- Bachelor’s degree in life, physical science, or health care related field required
- Less than 2 years in Cardiovascular Lab or Electrophysiology preferred
- BLS Tier 1 – Basic Life Support – Multisource required upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 2-Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Allina Health required within 180 Days
- Registered Invasive Cardiovascular Technology within 1 Year preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
If you are interested in this position, please email resume to: email@example.com