Clinic and Nurse Manager
Date Posted: March 16, 2021
Reports to: Cardiovascular Director of Clinical Operations
Job Status/Hours: Full time, exempt
SUMMARY STATEMENT: The Clinic and Nurse Manger is responsible for managing and administering the patient care and nursing services for a physician owned cardiovascular practice spanning three hospitals and six outreach clinics. Scope of responsibility includes managing the scheduling and front office department that supports these clinics.
The Clinic and Nurse Manager is the accountable leader for all subspecialties within the cardiovascular clinic and has direct responsibility for the leads in the following departments: scheduling and front office, heart failure, device, vascular, INR, triage and LPN/CMA.
This leader must be experienced in health care leadership, self-driven and motivated. This leader will be an integral part of the Metropolitan Heart and Vascular Institute leadership team which works closely with the physician owners and practice leaders to ensure the overall success of the practice.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for directing and supervising the clinic staff in accordance with government and other regulatory standards. This includes managing the day to day operations and performance of the clinic.
- Responsible for the coordination of patient care and patient flow.
- Consults with physicians, staff, practice leaders and hospital leaders to ensure patient needs are met and quality outcomes are achieved.
- Facilitates development of clinic policies, procedures, budget and work standards.
- Guarantees proper staffing which includes collaborating with HR in the hiring process and directing the development of personalized orientation plans.
- Accountable for managing staff performance and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensures the development and delivery of nursing education to staff.
- Plans and coordinates daily activities of nursing staff to ensure proper coverage in all areas.
- Motivates and inspires team by adhering to Metropolitan Heart and Vascular Institute’s competencies.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Current RN licensure with a BSN preferred.
- Minimum of five years professional nursing experience including two years in a supervisory role. Cardiology experience strongly desired.
Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
- Patient Focus (Core)
- Problem Solving (Core)
- Adaptability (Core)
- Action Oriented (Core)
- Integrity and Trust (Core)
- Interpersonal Savvy (Core)
- Intellectual Horsepower (Core)
- Decision Quality
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Savvy
- Process Management
If you are interested in this position, please email HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.