Certified Medical Coder
Date Posted: June 4, 2019
Reports to: HR Manager
Job Status/Hours: Full time, 1.0 FTE
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate procedure codes, diagnosis codes and modifiers are assigned to all claims.
- Assign ICD-10 and CPT codes for clinic and hospital visits including consults, new and follow-up patient visits. Assign appropriate CPT codes to hospital and clinic procedures to include heart caths/PCI, stress echo, echo, EP procedures, and PVD procedures through review of documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Work queues as assigned. May include assistance with appealing denied charges.
- Meet with physicians when required to provide education or assistance with coding and billing issues.
- Assist with new provider education.
- Responsible for keeping current with coding changes and updates.
- Provide some support for prior authorizations.
- Other business office duties as assigned. Will be required to support other business office functions as needed.
- This is a work-from-home position, but candidate must be able to travel Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids for regular on-site meetings and computer/IT support.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current coding credential (CCS-P, CPC, CCS, RHIT).
- ICD-10 certified
- 3-5 years experience coding in a healthcare setting.
- Excellian/Epic experience a plus.
- Cardiology experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Patient Focus||Intellectual Horsepower|
|Integrity and Trust||Political Savvy|
|Problem Solving||Communication (written and verbal)|
|Action Oriented/Priority Setting||Change Resilient/Personal Learning|
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.