Cardiology Clinic (Triage) Nurse, RN
Date Posted: Feb. 10, 2023
Reports to: Nurse & Clinic Manager
Location: MHVI (Mercy campus, Coon Rapids)
Job Status/Hours: Full time
This position is responsible for working with the physician(s), assisting licensed practitioners by providing RN care management skills while teaming up with clinic staff to maintain clinic flow and prompt responses to patient needs. This position will work Monday through Friday, 8 hour days, with rotating shifts of 7:30am-4:00pm, 8:00am-4:30pm and 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Assist in providing comprehensive cardiac care in clinic environment.
- Accurately document providers’ verbal orders and implement plan.
- Assist staff with daily clinic visits, rooming patients, recording weight, height, current medications, allergies, vital signs, and stated reason for visit as needed. Assess, evaluate, and document patient visit.
- Prepare, explain, and assist with instructing procedures, and treatments.
- Perform ECG tracings, understanding and interpretation of standard clinic response to each rhythm.
- Provide patient instruction, placement, and removal of Holter and Event recorders. Assess and evaluate patient understanding of purpose and furnish equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to work with confidential and controlled information including patient records, physician DEA numbers and prescriptions.
- Authorize prescription refills as directed by supervising physician. Telephone/fax prescriptions to pharmacy.
- Review discharge orders with patient.
- Telephone triage.
- Assist doctors in organization and completion of in baskets.
- Travel between sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN experience.
- Advanced Medical and Cardiology Terminology.
- Clinical assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Medication injections and blood draws
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Integrity and Trust||Humor|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Standing Alone|
|Problem Solving||Time Management|
|Action Oriented||Communication (written and verbal)|
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Uniform (scrub) allowance
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.