Cardiology Clinic Triage RN – Buffalo Heart Center
This position is responsible for working with the physician(s), assisting licensed practitioners by providing RN care management skills while teaming up with clinic staff to maintain clinic flow and prompt responses to patient needs.
• Assist in providing comprehensive cardiac care in clinic environment.
• Accurately document providers’ verbal orders and implement plan.
• Assist staff with daily clinic visits, rooming patients, recording weight, height, current medications, allergies, vital signs, and stated reason for visit as needed. Assess, evaluate, and document patient visit.
• Prepare, explain, and assist with instructing procedures, and treatments.
• Perform ECG tracings, understanding and interpretation of standard clinic response to each rhythm.
• Provide patient instruction, placement, and removal of Holter and Event recorders. Assess and evaluate patient understanding of purpose and furnish equipment.
• Demonstrate ability to work with confidential and controlled information including patient records, physician DEA numbers and prescriptions.
• Authorize prescription refills as directed by supervising physician. Telephone/fax prescriptions to pharmacy.
• Review discharge orders with patient.
• Telephone triage.
• Assist doctors in organization and completion of in baskets.
• Travel between sites.
• Other duties as assigned.
Advanced Medical and Cardiology Terminology.
Clinical assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
Medication injections and blood draws
Basic Computer knowledge.
Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
Patient Focus Composure
Integrity and Trust Humor
Interpersonal Savvy Standing Alone
Problem Solving Time Management
Action Oriented Communication (written and verbal)
Adaptability Intellectual Horsepower
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.