Cardiac Sonographer, Echo Tech
Date Posted: July 31, 2019
Reports to: Echocardiography Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital
Job Status/Hours: Full time (1.0 FTE)
This position is responsible for independent studies of cardiac structure and function.
- Independently performs cardiac ultrasound examinations on adult patients in the Cardiology Noninvasive Laboratory including complete and limited exams, with and without contrast, and bubble studies, stress echo, dobutamine stress echo, transesophageal echo and quantifies observed abnormalities.
- Measures blood pressure and body weight on patients undergoing echocardiograms to provide clinical correlation when indicated.
- Responsible for operating ultrasound equipment.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with patients to obtain high quality exam including patient education and relieving patient anxiety.
- Uses critical thinking skills to communicate patient condition to physician and nursing staff.
- Communications with coworkers, nursing and physician staff, and other departments to ensure high quality patient care.
- Supports department in office work in the echo labs: facilitating the daily outpatient schedule, reviewing billing charges for patients, cleaning and restocking.
- Participation in weekend and weeknight call rotation as determined by lead.
- Current RDMS or RDCS necessary or registry eligible and must complete registry exam within 18 months of employment.
- Cardiovascular experience is preferred
- Must be able to travel between locations, including Buffalo.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Integrity and Trust||Humor|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Standing Alone|
|Problem Solving||Time Management|
|Action Oriented||Communication (written and verbal)|
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.