Business Office, Insurance Coordinator
Date Posted: Oct. 8 2018
Location: Mercy Hospital
Incumbent will be responsible for data entry of hospital charges and verifying accurate insurance information. Answers billing and insurance questions from patients and staff.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Register new patients for insurance information. Perform updates on established patients.
2. Act as a resource for billing, referral, and insurance questions from business office staff, employees, and patients.
3. Post payments on account for payments given to the front desk.
4. Attend monthly patient services representative meetings.
5. Provide back up support for others in the business office, including prior authorization.
6. Cover business office phone as needed.
7. Prepare and enter hospital charges. Verify insurance coverage via EEV or Healthia and update if necessary.
8. Reviews patient work queues, and corrects information when necessary.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years of medical business office experience.
3. Must have strong computer skills. Epic/Excellian strongly preferred.
4. Strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate required.
5. Ability to develop a positive, comforting rapport with patients.
6. Demonstrated ability in the following competencies:
|Patient Focus||Political Savvy|
|Adaptability||Communication (Written and Verbal)|
|Integrity and Trust||Interpersonal Savvy|
|Intellectual Horsepower||Problem Solving|
If you are interested in this position, please email HumanResources@metrocardiology.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.