Date Posted: July 29, 2022
Reports to: Director of Cardiovascular Clinical Operations
Location: Mercy Hospital – MHVI (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
This position is responsible for supporting administrative operations, with an emphasis on IT, at all Metropolitan Heart & Vascular Institute (MHVI) locations. Also provides administrative support to administrative team, including backup to the Admin Assistant.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides administrative support to MHVI management team.
- Responsible for scheduling a variety of meetings, reserving rooms and placing catering orders.
- Assists in managing providers’ professional and personal calendars.
- Assists in the planning and organizing of all-staff employee forums.
- Develops strong interpersonal relationships with staff, physicians and vendors.
- Assists in the planning and organizing of company summer and holiday parties.
- Partners with other administrative assistant on various projects.
- Works in collaboration with MHVI leadership to facilitate building maintenance by initiating and following up on maintenance requests.
- Primary liaison among MHVI, Allina Health, and outside vendors for daily clinic operations. Develops strong working relationships with all vendors. Leverages those relationships to drive work forward.
- Adheres to MHVI’s purchasing guidelines, authorizes payments, and supports payment reconciliation of purchases. Actively assesses the need to renegotiate contracts with vendors to optimize cost savings.
- Works closely with Clinical Operations Director to manage various projects.
- Responsible for technical support of MHVI clinics and employees, including the maintenance of iPads, iPhones, computers, laptops, pagers, etc.
- Accountable for maintaining MHVI employees’ domain including onboarding and daily troubleshooting.
- Accountable for submitting Allina Health system access for employees.
- Oversees installation and decommission of computer hardware and systems in collaboration with Allina Health.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
High school diploma or GED.
- Previous administrative experience required.
- Knowledge of current technology.
- Highly skilled in Excel, Power Point, and database management.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Comfortable working with senior leaders and physicians.
- Experience working in IT or with IT systems.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
- Patient Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Political Savvy
- Communication (written and verbal)
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and Veteran or disability status.