Accounting & Payroll Coordinator
Date Posted: May 11, 2022
Reports to: HR Manager
Location: Mercy Hospital – MHVI (Coon Rapids, MN)
Job Status/Hours: Full time
We are looking for a point person for all payroll, accounts payable, and bookkeeping items within a 250 employee, privately owned cardiology practice. This position will be responsible for processing biweekly payroll along with ongoing accounting items, primarily using the QuickBooks system. This position will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure company finances are accurately documented and running smoothly. This position requires the highest level of integrity and detail orientation.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Proof and import employee timecards for biweekly processing in ADP. Work with leads and supervisors regarding questions.
- Manually enter pay for on-call employees and positions requiring supplemental pay.
- Proof payroll register against preview. Complete processing (accept or reject, and make corrections).
- Create payroll general ledger file and proof totals. Import into QuickBooks.
- Create and upload 401k payroll file.
- Assist employees/leads as needed regarding payroll questions.
- General ledger and company coding of invoices. Forward invoices as appropriate with cost center and general ledger coding.
- Proof invoices against previous months statements for accuracy. Follow-up with vendor, if required.
- Get signature approvals to pay invoices.
- Enter of invoices and print checks biweekly. Mail and distribute checks.
- Maintain continuing education logs.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Prepare 1099s annually.
- Create necessary monthly invoices.
- Bank deposits.
- General ledger entries in QuickBooks
- Quarterly and annual tax remittance
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Must be extremely detail oriented, with the ability to locate and investigate errors.
- Two years experience with financial record keeping and/or payroll desired.
- Strong customer service skills needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under strict deadlines.
- Experience with ADP and/or QuickBooks preferred.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Patient Focus||Political Savvy|
|Integrity and Trust||Organizing|
|Interpersonal Savvy||Communication (written and verbal)|
|Problem Solving||Intellectual Horsepower|
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Uniform (scrub) allowance
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
If you are interested in this position, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.