Front Office/Scheduler – Float, $1,000 sign-on bonus!
Date Posted: March 21, 2022
Reports to: Scheduling Supervisor
Location: Mercy Hospital – Mercy (Coon Rapids) and Unity (Fridley) campuses; outreach clinic locations
Job Status/Hours: Full time, hours vary
We are currently offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for a new hire, full-time Front Office/Scheduler Float.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for learning and covering all areas in the Front Office/Scheduling department. Main duties include greeting and checking in patients, communicating between departments, scheduling patient appointments, and answering and directing phone calls.
Float to all areas of Front Office department to cover and fill in. Follow protocols for each specific area.
- Receptionist responsibilities:
- Greets patients in polite and prompt, and helpful manner. Provides any necessary information and/or assists patients with insurance information. Informs the appropriate person(s) of the patient’s arrival.
- Completes necessary paperwork to check patient in. Uses computer system to generate necessary billing information. Verify demographic information and update.
- Updates patient information, collects and posts copays, provides necessary forms for completing, and obtains signatures as needed.
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting area.
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner and handles patients’ needs.
- Contacts patients to remind them of future appointments.
- May perform administrative duties such as faxing, printing daily or weekly schedules, and depositing copays.
- Scheduling responsibilities:
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments on the phone and in-person.
- Ensures that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Answers telephones, screens phone calls, takes messages and provides information to others as necessary.
- Assist with recalls as necessary.
- Sends patient test, directions, and clinic information as necessary.
- Assist with administrative duties such as faxing, copying, and printing.
- Responsible for covering a variety of different clinic sites and locations.
- Maintains all patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and company policy.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting preferably in health care and in front office/scheduling capacity.
- Knowledge of Excellian (or Epic) is desired.
- Must possess strong customer service and computer skills.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following competencies:
|Patient Focus||Political Savvy|
|Adaptability||Communication (Written and Verbal)|
|Integrity and Trust||Interpersonal Savvy|
|Intellectual Horsepower||Problem Solving|
MHVI offers a full benefit package, including:
– Competitive pay
– Employer HSA contribution
– 401k profit sharing and ongoing contribution – no employee contribution needed
– PTO plus paid holidays
– Medical insurance, including access to free online/at-home care
To apply, submit your resume to HumanResources@mhvi.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.